Android 7.0 Nougat
The latest version of android, the “Android 7.0 Nougat” is officially out! Google’s pixel and Nexus devices have already started using this latest version of android. Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9, Nexus Player and Pixel C are some of the devices supporting the all new Android 7.0. Android Nougat will soon be launched to the other smartphones as well, starting with the yet-to-be-released LG V20.
Features of Android 7.0 Nougat :
- One of the best features of the Android 7.0 Nougat is the split-screen multitasking. You can use two apps at the same time without having to switch back to the previous app. You can also resize the multitasking windows. It works in landscape mode too.
- Double tapping the overview button swaps back to the last used app. This saves us a lot of time!
- Quick Reply lets you reply through the notification bar itself without actually entering the messaging apps.
- 72 new emojis have been added to this version of android, making it a total of over 1500 emojis!
- Quick settings in the notification panel are very convenient and quick to get to. You can also choose which controls to show up on the top line of settings without opening the whole thing.
- There are many keyboard themes available. You can either change colours of the keyboard or chose your own picture from your gallery.
- Another epic feature is the Night Mode! Sometimes at night, even if our phone’s brightness level is set to the lowest, it still feels too bright and stings our eyes. AT such moments, the night mode comes to our rescue!
- Longer battery life! It reduces the impact of the apps that are not actively running on the battery life. It should give you 10 – 25% longer battery life, depending on how long you leave your phone on standby.
- The Display Size setting lets you increase or decrease the size of the font or the icons or even reformatting the screen according to your convenience.
- Date saver prevents some apps from sending or recieving data in the background. For example, images don’t appear until you tap them.
For more details, check out this website : https://www.android.com/versions/nougat-7-0/