Customize your Ubuntu!
Most of us, use Windows as our Operating System. Are we aware of the possibilities that Ubuntu is open to? It’s a world full of customization and it is not just a command line interface we know of earlier. Were you aware of the fact that you can even customize your Ubuntu running system to look like an absolute Mac Os? Yes, it’s a certain fact and I have done it myself.
Not just a Mac Os, but these themes function of varieties of possibilities and themes that much resemble our phone themes also. Some examples are:
1. install a theme using the terminal, the procedure is:
- sudo apt-get install *theme-name*
2. installing the gtk theme file manually :
- download the gtk theme file from www.ubutnuthemes.com or any other third party site.
- extract the downloaded file to /home/.themes folder or /user/share/themes folder.
- If you do not already have a Unity Tweak Tool, install it and apply the theme you prefer!
Have fun customizing and finding the best look that suits your needs!