Smartphones can be tracked, if Lost or Stolen!
Smartphones are closely related to our personal lives nowadays.It is like a personal assistant to every individual.From waking us from bed to making us sleep, it is as close as two coats of paint.Due to the closeness, our devices are the holders of various sensitive data.From our personal information to financial information.So, What if we lost our phone? or else What if our phone attacked by malware and malicious threats?.What if? the questions go on extending if we won’t have solutions for them.
Lookout is one of those companies which provide solutions for the above questions.Whether it is Android or IOS, Smartphones or Smartwatch, Tablet or Laptop, Lookout provides support for all the devices.For the Android devices, we got Android Device Manager which tracks the phone with the google account.And for the iPhone, iCloud is helpful in tracking the device.But Lookout is the common interface for any device to track when it lost or stolen.
How to Set Lookout account?
We can get Lookout as free apps both in Android and IOS.
- Download free Lookout mobile security app from the google play store for your Android devices.And for iPhone get it from iTunes.
- Now we need to sign-up into the Lookout account.This can create an individual account for the Lookout app Which is helpful in tracking your lost and stolen mobile from the Lookout website.
- I recommend you to have Lookout premium which costs $2.99 per month or $29.99 per year.A premium account will open up different features which may help you in keeping devices protected.
- Some of the extra features provided by Lookout Premium are Safe browsing, Privacy Advisor, Remote Lock, Remote wipe, Enhanced Backup, Transfer Data, Breach Report, and Premium support.
How will Lookout app track the Smartphones?
It takes a few steps in tracking your lost and stolen device.
- Before we track the device, the device needs to follow some limitations like device should be on, the cellular or WI-FI connection should be enabled.
- Now we should go to mygadgetguardian.lookout.com from any web browser.
- Now, proceed to track by clicking “Locate My Device”.This can track the device by showing the map as above figure with accurate.
- You can Scream the device with the free account.But you need have Lookout premium account enables for Lock and wipe the device remotely.
With the Lookout app, not only tracking the lost or stolen device but also do some beneficiary tasks like protecting the device from security threats, apps protection and so on.For the apple devices, you can track your device using smartwatch with the Lookout App.So, if you like Lookout app download it and sit back in the chair and track from your PC being cool, calm and collected.