What is 5G and What does it offer?
TerseInfo: By 2017 we know that the growth of technology has increased in an enormous way and day after day we are being introduced with new innovations and the latest tech gadgets which are making our lives easier.
Well, we are from the generation where we used 2G,3G ,4G and when we finally wrapping our heads around 4G and at the same time already people are talking about the next best thing yep i.e., 5G.
In 4G through LTE service a normal user can get around a maximum of 15Mbps speed through a mobile device and here we are in an era which is moving so fast and so close to making smart cities and IOT possible and in order to achieve that the speed of 4G is not really enough because the data traffic when we are accessing everything from kitchen appliances to cars there will be a huge rate of data flowing.
The tech we are using today quickly becomes yesterday at the rate of scientific advancement and with the 5G it won’t be a problem. 5G works the same way as Windows 10 as, it once we once get the big thing then it just the day to day incremental updates.
The hardware of 5G if once deployed it does not need any changes for a long time all you need is a software update.
Features of 5G:
- With 5G we can transmit data at a theoretical speed of about 20Gbps. On an average a user can get up to 100Mbps at the least which is 10x faster than 4G.
- The latency is reduced to 1ns when we use 5G as in when we use self driving cars, even a small hiccup of network can lead dangers.
- In 5G the frequency of waves is higher and all those waves together form the signal beam and can be focused on location where usually data traffic is more.
- As the signal frequency is more it needs signal boosters within possible places.
- It can usually operate on 1 million devices per 1 SqKm, which reduces interference and slow internet.
- It brings all new infrastructure which is in advanced level and can even reach remote villages.
- Real time operations can be made easy and reliable.
When it launches?
5G can be provided through hot air balloons and jets in mountain areas ,forests, making it usable during natural disasters and connect the world to a maximum extent.
5G is still not available, but its gonna commence in 2019, efforts are being produced by Google, Facebook, Intel companies to improve 5G and reaches a normal user by 2025 through various signal carriers.
It is provided through drones flying over the clouds so that it can be even reached even to people living in hilly areas, forest areas, but it seems there are some failures as these drones are failing in their test runs by Google.
5G simply stands for fifth generation and refers to the next and newest mobile wireless standard based on the IEEE 802.11ac standard of broadband technology, although a formal standard for 5G is yet to be set.
According to the Next Generation Mobile Network’s 5G white paper, 5G connections must be based on user experience, system performance, enhanced services, business models and management & operations. And according to the Group Speciale Mobile Association (GSMA) to qualify for a 5G a connection should meet most of these eight criteria:
1 to 10Gbps connections to endpoints in the field and in One millisecond end-to-end round trip delay with 1000x bandwidth per unit area and about10 to 100x the number of connected devices with 99.999 percent availability and 100 percent coverage, 90 percent reduction in network energy usage and up to ten year battery life for low power, machine-type devices.