Xiaomi Redmi 4 review, Should you buy it?
TerseInfo: Xiaomi has been the king of midrange mobiles in India currently competing with Lenovo in the segment. In 2017 Xiaomi released Redmi note 4, now they came with the smaller version which is an upgrade to Redmi 3s prime from last year.It has its upgrades in processor and camera when compared to the predecessor.
Out of the box, Redmi 4 comes in 3 variants, i.e., 2/16 for 7k, 3/32 for 9k, 4/64 for 11k. It sports a snapdragon 435 chipset, which is an upgrade over 430 in 3s prime and available in Gold, Gray colors.
It is completely metal build unlike Redmi 4A, It consists of a fingerprint scanner and in the box, we get a pair of headphones, micro USB cable and a normal charger which does not support quick charging and weighs about 150g.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Specifications:
- A 5 inch 720p IPS LCD panel with the 2.5D curved display.
- Hybrid SIM slot with 4G VoLTE support and expanded memory up to 128GB.
- Snapdragon 435 octa-core processor clocked at 1.4GHz.
- It comes with Adreno 505 GPU.
- It runs on Android 6.0.1 with MIUI 8 on top of it.
- It boasts a 13MP primary camera with f2. 0 aperture and the 5MP selfie camera with f2. 2 aperture.
- IR blaster for remote control
- A massive Battery with 4100mah, non-removable.
- OTG support available.
- 4GB RAM and Snapdragon 435 processor in just 11k, whereas the Nokia 6 with specifications comes with the price of 17k.
- Camera, although Xiaomi phones lack a better camera, but this mobile kind does best in its price segment.
- With just 5 inch display and a massive 4100mah battery, it easily lasts a day with even aggressive usage.
- IR blaster which is a unique feature in Redmi phones is also available with this device.
- OTG support for a midrange even with 7k model.
- The fingerprint sensor is blazing fast.
- No backlit navigation keys on the bezel, which causes problems during night time use.
- No gorilla glass protection.
- Bottom fired single speaker.
- Runs on Marshmallow 6.0.1 and no information regarding Nougat update.
- No fast charging it comes with a normal 5v/2amp charger.
- Minor heating issues.
- Available through flash sales.
These are minor issues when compared to the price of the mobile, The phone comes with some preloaded apps, but can be uninstalled and runs on MIUI 8 which is not that user-friendly.
The phone gets warmed up to 43°C when played with Asphalt 8, Modern combat, Leo fortune for about 15min and it gets warm. The phone lags and frame dropping is seen while playing Asphalt 8 played under medium graphic settings.
The camera does perform better than Redmi 3s prime, but it lacks OIS and has “tap to focus” option and under natural lighting, pictures come out bright and a bit saturated. During low light and artificial lighting, the pictures come with lots of noise and don’t come out that better.
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Micro-SIM and Nano-SIM. The connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, Infrared, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
It supports all the sensors, so VR can be no problem, Thus this phone boasts a great value for its money in terms of battery and performance and can give customers a run for its money.
To know more about this phone and to purchase click here